You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Training to teach physics
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £26,000 or a £28,000 scholarship to support your training
- further funding for training with a tuition fee and maintenance loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
- you could benefit from the Teachers’ Student Loan Reimbursement scheme
What to expect
A career as a physics teacher is hugely fulfilling. By sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject, you’ll show young people how physics is central to everyday life and needn’t be hard to learn.
Your training will focus on how you can make the subject accessible, whether you’re leading practical experiments in electricity or introducing atomic structures. You’ll be introduced to a range of teaching strategies, ensuring confidence in delivering lessons that are exciting and accessible. Find out more on choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a related degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training.
Train to Teach Liverpool
25 June 2019 - 16:30
This event in Liverpool will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Leeds
29 June 2019 - 10:00
This event in Leeds will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Change career to teaching
24 June 2019 - 18:30
Considering changing career to teaching? Not sure about the next step? Our teaching advisers will discuss the different routes available to help you retrain. Our panel will also include a teacher who will share his or her experiences of the obstacles they faced when changing career.