Setting your password
When you create a profile on this site, you need to enter a password that you’ll use each time you log in. This password must contain at least seven characters, including at least one number and at least one letter.
Successfully setting a password
The Get Into Teaching site enforces the following password stipulations:
- your password must be at least seven characters long and include at least one number and at least one letter – for example, sjp4u8xr
- passwords on the site are case-sensitive
- passwords can include symbols, but these are not a requirement
Setting a strong password
For the best protection of your personal data, you should set the strongest password possible. That’s why we advise the following:
- the letters of your password should not form a dictionary word in any common language
- do not use personal information – for example incorporating your postcode, telephone number or name into your password
- avoid well-known substitutions such as o = 0, i = 1, e = 3, a = 4, or s = 5 etc – for example, fr3ind5 (‘friends’ misspelt) would be a weak password
- do not place a single number at the end, so use nhz2juw or nhzju2w, not nhzjuw2
- your password should be significantly different from previous passwords
- don’t let your browser remember your password for you
Change career to teaching
30 November 2020 - 18:00
Considering changing career to teaching? Not sure about the next step? Join this online Q&A event where our panel of experts will discuss the different options available to help you retrain and experiences of the obstacles faced when changing career.
Teacher training options
02 December 2020 - 11:30
Looking for a career with a real purpose? Join this online Q&A event to find out more about teaching as a career and the different options you can take to qualify as a teacher in England. Our panel of experts will help you decide which option is best for you and provide lots of advice to kick-start your new career.
Return to teaching
07 December 2020 - 18:30
Considering a return to teaching? Not sure about the next step? Join this online Q&A event where our panel of experts will discuss the different options available to help you return, answering questions on preparing your application and finding vacancies.
Financial support for teacher training
09 December 2020 - 11:30
Join this online Q&A event to find out about the range of financial incentives and support available to help fund your teacher training. Our panel of experts will answer all of your questions about bursaries, scholarships and salaried School Direct courses. We'll also discuss the eligibility criteria for bursaries and scholarships, and how to apply for financial support.