If you’re passionate about your subject and have the potential to be an inspirational teacher you could apply for a scholarship to support your training. Scholarships are awarded to the most gifted trainees in physics, maths, chemistry, computing, languages or geography in partnership with highly regarded professional subject associations.
As well as financial support, as a scholar you’ll enjoy a range of prestigious benefits, including:
- free membership from the professional subject associations awarding the scholarship
- access to resources and events to support you through your training
- support to improve your teacher practice and subject knowledge
- networking opportunities from a community of like-minded scholars
To be eligible for a scholarship, you should have at least a 2:1 degree or above and want to teach chemistry, computing, geography, languages, maths or physics. You can still apply if you have a 2:2, but you’ll need to provide evidence of significant relevant experience. Scholarships are awarded in place of a bursary.
Find out more on the dedicated scholarship pages:
- computing: BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- chemistry: Royal Society of Chemistry
- geography: Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- languages: British Council
- maths: Mathematics Teacher Training Scholarships
- physics: Institute of Physics scholarships
If you’re not successful in your application for a scholarship, and secured a place on a qualifying teacher training course in England, you’ll still receive the standard bursary – find out more about bursaries.
Train to Teach Sunderland
20 November 2018 - 16:30
This event in Sunderland will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Lancaster
21 November 2018 - 15:00
This event at the University of Cumbria will give you the chance to ask education experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach London
24 November 2018 - 10:00
This event in London will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.