You can apply for postgraduate teacher training courses starting in September 2024 from 10 October 2023 to 17 September 2024.
Find and apply for teacher training courses
From 10 October 2023, you can apply for a teacher training course(opens in new window).
You can apply to up to 4 courses at a time.
Training providers should respond to your application within 30 days. If you do not receive a decision from your application after 30 days, you can submit an application for another course.
It’s wise to apply as soon as you’re ready because:
- popular courses will fill up quickly
- there are a limited number of places on a course and they are filled up on a first come, first served basis
- courses are open for people to apply all year round
- you may need time to complete a subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course and other conditions before starting your training
- this will give you time to plan how you fund your training
You can sign up for a teacher training adviser to get help with the application process.
Applying late was stressful. I was limited in my choice of teacher training course provider, and I'd lost my GCSE certificates. I had to go back to my school and get new copies so I could confirm my place on the course and my student finance.
Deadlines for applications and training provider decisions
17 September 2024
This is the last day you’ll be able to apply for a postgraduate teacher training courses starting in September 2024.
25 September 2024
This is the last day for training providers to make a decision on all applications for courses starting in September 2024.
If a decision has not been made by the end of September, your applications will automatically be rejected so that you can start applying for next year’s courses in October.
If your application is successful, training providers will invite you to an interview.
During your application process you will be asked for:
- your interview availability
- any special circumstances you have or adjustments you need
You can find help to prepare for your interview.