Funding and support training to teach if you come from outside England

In the UK

You’ll need to contact your country’s student finance body to find out about your eligibility for funding if you live in Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Find out about:

Or, you’ll need to contact the education authority if you live in Jersey, Guernsey, or the Isle of Man.

Find out about:

Outside the UK

If you’re not a UK citizen, you are unlikely to get help funding your training unless you have permission to live permanently in the UK(opens in new window), for example under the EU Settlement Scheme. You will also need to meet some other eligibility requirements.

Find out about funding for non-UK citizens.

Get tailored guidance

Find out about online events, what teaching is really like in England, and how to get one-to-one support.

Sign up for emails