Training to teach chemistry
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £26,000 or a £28,000 scholarship to support your training
- further funding for training with a tuition fee and maintenance loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
- you could benefit from the Teachers’ Student Loan Reimbursement scheme
What to expect
As a core subject, schools require high-quality chemistry teachers. So there’s never been a better time to use your skills and knowledge in chemistry to inspire young minds.
Your training will prepare you for a number of classroom scenarios – from learning how to introduce students to atoms, elements and particles, to demonstrating impressive chemical reactions safely. While being surrounded by a team of mentors and tutors, you’ll become a confident and inspiring teacher. Find out more on choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a chemistry degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training – find out more.
Train to Teach Slough
22 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Slough will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Bradford
24 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Bradford will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Liverpool
28 January 2019 - 16:00
This event in Liverpool will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.