Training to teach chemistry
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £26,000 or a £28,000 scholarship to support your training
- further funding for training with a tuition fee and maintenance loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
- you could benefit from the Teachers’ Student Loan Reimbursement scheme
What to expect
As a core subject, schools require high-quality chemistry teachers. So there’s never been a better time to use your skills and knowledge in chemistry to inspire young minds.
Your training will prepare you for a number of classroom scenarios – from learning how to introduce students to atoms, elements and particles, to demonstrating impressive chemical reactions safely. While being surrounded by a team of mentors and tutors, you’ll become a confident and inspiring teacher. Find out more on choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a chemistry degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training – find out more.
Train to Teach Lancaster
21 November 2018 - 15:00
This event at the University of Cumbria will give you the chance to ask education experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach London
24 November 2018 - 10:00
This event in London will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Cambridge
27 November 2018 - 16:30
This event in Cambridge will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.