TELA school experience programme
6 June 2016 at 08:45 to 15 June 2016 at 15:30 in Leicester at the Thomas Estley Community College
Spend between one and ten days in a secondary school environment and benefit from a carefully crafted programme of opportunities and inputs.
- Day one: Experience your chosen subject department
- Day two: Spend more time in the department and meet a tutor group
Days one and two are flexible and can be booked on a variety of dates over the academic year, to suit your needs and availability.
Fixed eight-day programme (example programme):
- Day three: Student experience tracking and today’s curriculum
- Day four: Focused lesson observations and paired discussion
- Day five: Departmental activities and a chance to plan a lesson to teach
- Day six: Pastoral issues, safeguarding and student experience tracking
- Day seven: Inclusion: focus on SEN and our embedded special school
- Day eight: Focus on KS4 and KS5 learners at our partner upper school
- Day nine: Focus on primary learners at our partner primary school
- Day ten: Planning, next steps in teaching and a chance to teach a class
Due to the complex inputs and customised opportunities, days three to ten require a valid DBS check and are offered as a fixed block of dates. We strongly recommend attendance on all days but this is negotiable.
For those subjects that are funded, you can register on the Get Into Teaching website.
For subjects that are not funded, you can email TELA.
Thomas Estley Community College, Station Road, Broughton Astley, Leicester, LE9 6PT
19 January 2017 08:15
An experience day involving observations of lessons in an outstanding Academy, opportunity to meet trainees and discuss routes into teaching as well as advise on what to do next.
19 January 2017 09:00
An informal event to find out more about our School Direct teacher training programme.
19 January 2017 09:30
An opportunity to talk with our school Direct Programme lead.
19 January 2017 10:00
Informal information event to find out about teacher training within our Partnership in 2017-2018.