Torbay Teaching School Alliance School Direct Primary PGCE Open Morning
26 September 2016 at 09:15 to 26 September 2016 at 10:45 in Paignton at the Oldway Primary School
Sam Bone, Deputy Head at Oldway Primary School and ITE Lead will talk about the Torbay Teaching School Alliance School Direct primary PGCE with Plymouth University, now in its fifth year.
Sam will outline the structure of the programme and the application process for 2017 to 2018 as well as what we look for in candidates. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions or have a chat about your own personal circumstances.
Find out more about this one-year programme, in partnership with Plymouth University which includes:
- a PGCE qualification and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- the option to achieve masters level credits
- placements in contrasting schools within Torbay (including large, small, church and non-faith schools and academies) in both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- opportunities to develop knowledge and experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- a 2 week placement in a local special school
- bespoke support from experienced class teachers, mentors and university tutors
- seminars led by Plymouth University tutors and subject leaders from Torbay schools, held at Oldway Primary School, Paignton
- excellent recruitment rates to teaching jobs in Torbay and South Devon
To attend this event, please email us.
Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY
25 January 2017 08:00
Spend the day observing lessons and speaking with our experts who will be on hand to offer advice.
25 January 2017 08:30
A great opportunity to meet teachers and observe lessons in your subject.
25 January 2017 09:00
A friendly drop-in event to gain an insight into school life and the SCITT application process.
25 January 2017 10:00
A one-to-one phone appointment with a Teach First Recruiter for career changers based in Scotland.