Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance - school taster day
19 September 2019 at 08:30 - 14:00 in Sunderland at the Whitburn Church of England Academy
Are you thinking about training to be a secondary school teacher in North East England?
Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance are holding a teacher training open day on Thursday 19th September 2019 for the following subjects:
- art & design
- business studies
- design & technology
- media studies
- modern languages
- physical education
- religious education
Our secondary school taster days will provide you with the following:
- the opportunity to talk about teaching with senior leaders and teaching staff
- a tour of our main school and sixth form
- advice so that you can be sure that a career in teaching is right for you
- lesson observations in our chosen subject specialism
- subject knowledge enhancement
- school lunch and observation of outside duty
- the information you need regarding our unique volunteering application, school experience and
- school direct programme
- how you can gain valuable experience in a classroom to enhance your personal statement
- top tips for navigating the UCAS process, writing your personal statement and the interview process
- how an offer of a place is processed and what happens next
- what you can do to prepare for the start of your programme and get ahead
please contact the below to reserve your place as numbers are expected to be high
To attend this event, please register on our website.
Whitburn Church of England Academy, Rackley Way, Whitburn, Sunderland, SR6 7EF
The City College - Diploma in Education and Training (DET) taster event
03 September 2019 - 11:00
This is an information event on the diploma in education and training course at The City College.
The Sheffield SCITT - secondary open event
05 September 2019 - 13:00
Find out more about training to become a secondary teacher with the sheffield SCITT.
University of Exeter - teacher training open day
07 September 2019 - 10:30
Learn more about our Primary and Secondary PGCE and School Direct programmes.