Glenthorne High School - train to teach event
2 May 2019 at 17:00 - 19:00 in Sutton at the Glenthorne High School
Glenthorne High School leads Sutton SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training), training teachers, many of whom go on to work in Sutton secondary schools. We are now in our third year of operation and train teachers in primary, science, maths, English, modern foreign languages, geography, history, PE, music, drama and design and technology making a significant impact on teacher recruitment in Sutton and helping to overcome the acute teacher shortage in the area.
Our SCITT was judged by OFSTED to be outstanding in all four categories in September 2017. Inspectors praised the SCITT's “drive for excellence”, “its meticulous routine of review and evaluation and high standards” and the “exceptional levels of support provided for all trainees”.
What to expect at our open evening:
- discuss the different teacher training options available; to help you decide which would best suit you.
- meet the Sutton SCITT team
- receive advice on submitting a successful UCAS application
- talk to practising teachers, including those who have changed career to teach
- find out about bursaries, scholarships and funding available for teacher training
- find out about entry requirements and Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses
To attend this event, please email us.
Glenthorne High School, 270 Sutton Common Road, Sutton, SM3 9LW
Bluecoat SCITT Alliance taster week
22 April 2019 - 09:00
Opportunity to spend time in school observing and gain advice about teaching and teacher training.
Teach in Kent - teacher training information evening
23 April 2019 - 18:00
Information evening to discuss the various routes into teaching training.
Teach Kent and Sussex - get into teaching event
23 April 2019 - 19:00
Get into teaching event for the Teach Kent and Sussex programme - primary and secondary.