You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Torbay Teaching School Alliance School Direct Primary PGCE Open Afternoon
7 October 2016 at 13:45 to 7 October 2016 at 15:15 in Paignton at the Oldway Primary School
Sam Bone, Deputy Head at Oldway and ITE Lead will talk about the Torbay Teaching School Alliance School Direct Primary PGCE with Plymouth University, now in its fifth year.
Sam will outline the structure of the programme and the application process for 2017/18 as well as what we look for in candidates. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions or have a chat about your own personal circumstances.
Find out more about this one-year programme, in partnership with Plymouth University which includes:
- a PGCE qualification and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- an option to achieve masters level credits
- placements in contrasting schools within Torbay (including large, small, church and non-faith schools and academies) in both key stage 1 and key stage 2
- opportunities to develop knowledge and experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- a 2-week placement in a local special school
- bespoke support and challenge from experienced class teachers, mentors and university tutors
- seminars led by Plymouth University tutors and subject leaders from Torbay schools, held at Oldway Primary School, Paignton
- excellent recruitment rates to teaching jobs in Torbay and South Devon
To attend this event, please email us.
Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY
30 May 2017 16:00
Meet with a member of the Teach First team to find out about our Leadership Development Programme.
31 May 2017 12:00
Drop in sessions to find out everything you need to know about a career in teaching and how to apply
31 May 2017 15:00
A coffee with Teach First to hear about training to teach with the Leadership Development Programme.
31 May 2017 15:30
A drop-in session for anyone wishing to train as a teacher to find out what options are available.