TELA School Experience Programme
26 October 2015 at 08:45 to 4 November 2015 at 15:30 in Leicester at the Thomas Estley Community College
Spend between 1 and 10 days in a secondary school environment and benefit from a carefully crafted programme of opportunities and inputs.
- day 1: experience your chosen subject department
- day 2: spend more time in the department and meet a tutor group
Days 1 and 2 are flexible and can be booked on a variety of dates over the academic year, to suit your needs and availability.
Fixed eight-day programme (example programme):
- day 3: student experience tracking and today’s curriculum
- day 4: focused lesson observations and paired discussion
- day 5: departmental activities and a chance to plan a lesson to teach
- day 6: pastoral issues, safeguarding and student experience tracking
- day 7: inclusion: focus on SEN and our embedded special school
- day 8: focus on KS4 and KS5 learners at our partner upper school
- day 9: focus on primary learners at our partner primary school
- day 10: planning, next steps in teaching and a chance to teach a class
Due to the complex inputs and customised opportunities, days 3 to 10 require a valid DBS check and are offered as a fixed block of dates. We strongly recommend attendance on all days but this is negotiable.
For those subjects that are funded, you can register on the Get Into Teaching website.
For subjects that are not funded, you can email TELA.
Thomas Estley Community College, Station Road, Broughton Astley, Leicester, LE9 6PT
27 May 2017 09:00
Come and talk to us at the Kingfisher in Redditch, find out how to change the lives of others.
27 May 2017 11:00
Learn about our PGCE primary and secondary programmes, funding, and the application process.
30 May 2017 16:00
Meet with a member of the Teach First team to find out about our Leadership Development Programme.
31 May 2017 12:00
Drop in sessions to find out everything you need to know about a career in teaching and how to apply