TELA School Experience Programme
7 March 2016 at 08:45 to 16 March 2016 at 15:30 in Leicester at the Thomas Estley Community College
Spend between one and ten days in a secondary school environment and benefit from a carefully crafted programme of opportunities and inputs:
- day 1: experience your chosen subject department
- day 2: spend more time in the department and meet a tutor group
Days 1 and 2 are flexible and can be booked on a variety of dates over the academic year, to suit your needs and availability.
Fixed 8-day programme (example programme):
- day 3: student experience tracking and today’s curriculum
- day 4: focused lesson observations and paired discussion
- day 5: departmental activities and a chance to plan a lesson to teach
- day 6: pastoral issues, safeguarding and student experience tracking
- day 7: inclusion: focus on SEN and our embedded special school
- day 8: focus on KS4 and KS5 learners at our partner upper school
- day 9: focus on primary learners at our partner primary school
- day 10: planning, next steps in teaching and a chance to teach a class
Due to the complex inputs and customised opportunities, Days 3 to 10 require a valid DBS check and are offered as a fixed block of dates. We strongly recommend attendance on all days but this is negotiable.
For those subjects that are funded, you can register on the Get Into Teaching website.
For subjects that are not funded, you can email TELA.
Thomas Estley Community College, Station Road, Broughton Astley, Leicester, LE9 6PT
30 May 2017 16:00
Meet with a member of the Teach First team to find out about our Leadership Development Programme.
31 May 2017 12:00
Drop in sessions to find out everything you need to know about a career in teaching and how to apply
31 May 2017 15:00
A coffee with Teach First to hear about training to teach with the Leadership Development Programme.
31 May 2017 15:30
A drop-in session for anyone wishing to train as a teacher to find out what options are available.