TELA School Experience Programme
7 March 2016 at 08:45 to 16 March 2016 at 15:30 in Leicester at the Thomas Estley Community College
Spend between one and ten days in a secondary school environment and benefit from a carefully crafted programme of opportunities and inputs:
- day 1: experience your chosen subject department
- day 2: spend more time in the department and meet a tutor group
Days 1 and 2 are flexible and can be booked on a variety of dates over the academic year, to suit your needs and availability.
Fixed 8-day programme (example programme):
- day 3: student experience tracking and today’s curriculum
- day 4: focused lesson observations and paired discussion
- day 5: departmental activities and a chance to plan a lesson to teach
- day 6: pastoral issues, safeguarding and student experience tracking
- day 7: inclusion: focus on SEN and our embedded special school
- day 8: focus on KS4 and KS5 learners at our partner upper school
- day 9: focus on primary learners at our partner primary school
- day 10: planning, next steps in teaching and a chance to teach a class
Due to the complex inputs and customised opportunities, Days 3 to 10 require a valid DBS check and are offered as a fixed block of dates. We strongly recommend attendance on all days but this is negotiable.
For those subjects that are funded, you can register on the Get Into Teaching website.
For subjects that are not funded, you can email TELA.
Thomas Estley Community College, Station Road, Broughton Astley, Leicester, LE9 6PT
20 January 2017 09:00
This session will allow you to gain experience in a school prior to applying for School Direct.
20 January 2017 12:30
Herefordshire Marches Federation of Academies (HMFA) School Direct Teacher Training Programme open day Friday 20th January 12:30pm.
22 January 2017 16:30
A presentation about Teacher Training and chance to meet the SCITT team to discuss your application.
23 January 2017 08:00
We look forward to meeting you to answer your queries and provide guidance on any WLTSA programme.