Get ready for applications opening
Start a career where you’ll be able to go home each day knowing you’ve made a difference. The UCAS Teacher Training application portal is now open and it will only cost £1 to submit your application. Many popular courses fill up early, so follow our five steps to applying so you’re in the best position to applying promptly and get the greatest choice of where to train.
To get a head start before applications open, you should:
- register with us to receive support from our experienced teachers, so you’ll be able to make a successful application when UCAS applications open, when you register you’ll also be able to book local train to teach events
- read our guide on preparing your personal statement, here you should make sure you demonstrate the great qualities you have that would make you an effective teacher, highlighting any experience you’ve had with children, which could include relevant school experience you’ve gained
- consider your two references needed for your application, let them know in advance they’ve been selected as you can’t submit your application without these
- use the Department for Education’s search tool: Find Postgraduate Teacher Training, to find available courses in England – you’ll be able to search by location, training provider and subject.
- practice completing the mandatory skills test in numeracy and literacy - read our guide on preparing for the tests
To support you when you train there’s a number of funding options available.
Train to Teach Exeter
13 November 2019 - 16:30
This event in Exeter will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Manchester
16 November 2019 - 10:00
This event in Manchester will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Norwich
19 November 2019 - 16:30
This event in Norwich will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.