Get ready for applications opening
Start a career where you’ll be able to go home each day knowing you’ve made a difference. The UCAS Teacher Training application portal is now open and it will only cost £1 to submit your application. Many popular courses fill up early, so follow our five steps to applying so you’re in the best position to applying promptly and get the greatest choice of where to train.
To get a head start before applications open, you should:
- register with us to receive support from our experienced teachers, so you’ll be able to make a successful application when UCAS applications open, when you register you’ll also be able to book local train to teach events
- read our guide on preparing your personal statement, here you should make sure you demonstrate the great qualities you have that would make you an effective teacher, highlighting any experience you’ve had with children, which could include relevant school experience you’ve gained
- consider your two references needed for your application, let them know in advance they’ve been selected as you can’t submit your application without these
- use the Department for Education’s search tool: Find Postgraduate Teacher Training, to find available courses in England – you’ll be able to search by location, training provider and subject.
- practice completing the mandatory skills test in numeracy and literacy - read our guide on preparing for the tests
To support you when you train there’s a number of funding options available.
Teacher training options
22 July 2019 - 18:30
Looking for a career with a real purpose? Join this online event to find out more about teaching as a career and the different routes you can take to qualify as a teacher in England. Our panel of experts will help you decide which route is best for you and provide lots of advice to kick start your new career.
Return to teaching
25 July 2019 - 18:30
Considering a return to teaching? Not sure about the next step? Our teaching advisers will discuss the different routes available to help you return, answering questions on arranging school experience, subject knowledge enhancement, preparing your application and finding vacancies.
Preparing for your teacher training
29 July 2019 - 18:30
If you've been accepted on a teacher training course, this online event is for you. Our panel of experts will provide useful resources and share hints and tips to help prepare you for your first day in school.
Change career to teaching
05 August 2019 - 18:30
Considering changing career to teaching? Not sure about the next step? Our teaching advisers will discuss the different routes available to help you retrain. Our panel will also include a teacher who will share his or her experiences of the obstacles they faced when changing career.