Funding for training to teach business studies
If you’re successful in your application to teach business studies, you could be eligible for a tax-free bursary. There are three types of funding available for teacher training - depending on your circumstances, you could receive all three.
1. Tax-free bursaries
If you have a degree and want to train to teach business studies, you could be eligible for a tax-free bursary of £9,000 with a first, 2:1, 2:2, Master's or PhD.
Once you know if you’ll be receiving a bursary or scholarship, you can find out how and when you will receive your tax-free funding.
2. Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan
With or without a bursary, you can also access a Tuition Fee Loan to cover your tuition fees and a Maintenance Loan for your living costs. The available loans are:
- a Tuition Fee Loan of up to £9,250 to cover your fees
- a Maintenance Loan of up to £11,672 to support your living costs
3. Additional financial support
If you have children or a disability, extra funding is available. For instance, you could get:
- up to £169.31 a week (1 child) or up to £290.27 a week (2 or more children) Childcare Grant
- up to £1,716 per year Parents’ Learning Allowance
- Child Tax Credits
- Disabled Students’ Allowance
- up to £3,007 per year Adult Dependants' Grant
Find out more information on the extra financial support available.
Earn a salary while you train
Alternatively, you could earn a salary while you train.
Train to Teach Brighton
20 November 2019 - 16:30
This event in Brighton will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach: Question Time - Liverpool
20 November 2019 - 17:00
This event in Liverpool will give you the chance to quiz our expert teaching panel about teacher training.
Train to Teach Coventry
23 November 2019 - 12:00
This event in Coventry will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.