You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Training to teach religious education (RE)
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £9,000
- further funding for training with a Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who'll answer all of your questions and assist you with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
What to expect
RE is a fundamental subject in the education of pupils in England. It helps build young people’s understanding and appreciation of different beliefs, practices and religions, and how these relate to the modern world.
As a trainee RE teacher, you’ll develop the skills to devise and deliver lessons that excite and intrigue pupils. These will intertwine with their wider learning in other subjects, as well as their understanding of society, culture, and what it means to be human. Find out more about choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you have an unrelated degree, but studied religious education to A level, or have plenty of professional experience, a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement course can help to build or refresh your knowledge before you start your teacher training. .
Train to Teach Leeds
29 June 2019 - 10:00
This event in Leeds will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Gaining school experience
01 July 2019 - 18:30
This online session will offer helpful hints and tips on how to gain school experience and how to make the best use of this when limited time may be available.
Secondary school teaching
03 July 2019 - 12:00
This online event will provide advice on all things secondary teaching. It will offer helpful hints and tips on the different secondary school training options available and how to choose the right option for you.