Training to teach physics
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £26,000 or a £28,000 scholarship to support your training
- further funding for training with a tuition fee and maintenance loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,881, with many earning significantly more
- you could benefit from the Teachers’ Student Loan Reimbursement scheme
What to expect
A career as a physics teacher is hugely fulfilling. By sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject, you’ll show young people how physics is central to everyday life and needn’t be hard to learn.
Your training will focus on how you can make the subject accessible, whether you’re leading practical experiments in electricity or introducing atomic structures. You’ll be introduced to a range of teaching strategies, ensuring confidence in delivering lessons that are exciting and accessible. Find out more on choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a related degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training.
Train to Teach Nottingham
08 October 2019 - 16:30
This event in Nottingham will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach London
12 October 2019 - 10:00
This event in London will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Liverpool
15 October 2019 - 16:30
This event in Liverpool will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.