Training to teach maths
- you could get £30,000 to teach maths - a £20,000 tax-free bursary while you train and a further £10,000 after tax once in teaching; alternatively, you could receive a prestigious scholarship with £22,000 tax-free while you train and the same £10,000 after tax once in teaching
- further funding for training with a tuition fee, maintenance loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
What to expect
By training to teach maths, you’ll be embarking on a career that offers more than just exceptional job satisfaction. You’ll also get to help young people conquer a skill integral to their long-term success.
On your teacher training course, you’ll learn the best ways to engage pupils and make maths enjoyable, ensuring they have the skills they’ll need for years to come. You’ll be teaching across a range of ages and abilities every day. Your training will enable you to switch seamlessly between introducing algebra, to teaching the intricacies of trigonometry to older students. Find out more on choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a maths degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training.
Teacher training options
22 July 2019 - 18:30
Looking for a career with a real purpose? Join this online event to find out more about teaching as a career and the different routes you can take to qualify as a teacher in England. Our panel of experts will help you decide which route is best for you and provide lots of advice to kick start your new career.
Return to teaching
25 July 2019 - 18:30
Considering a return to teaching? Not sure about the next step? Our teaching advisers will discuss the different routes available to help you return, answering questions on arranging school experience, subject knowledge enhancement, preparing your application and finding vacancies.
Preparing for your teacher training
29 July 2019 - 18:30
If you've been accepted on a teacher training course, this online event is for you. Our panel of experts will provide useful resources and share hints and tips to help prepare you for your first day in school.
Change career to teaching
05 August 2019 - 18:30
Considering changing career to teaching? Not sure about the next step? Our teaching advisers will discuss the different routes available to help you retrain. Our panel will also include a teacher who will share his or her experiences of the obstacles they faced when changing career.