Training to teach maths
- You could get £30,000 to teach maths - a £20,000 tax-free bursary while you train and a further £10,000 after tax once in teaching; alternatively, you could receive a prestigious scholarship with £22,000 tax-free while you train and the same £10,000 after tax once in teaching
- further funding for training with a tuition fee, maintenance loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- great employment rates - 95% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £22,917, or £28,660 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £57,500, with many earning significantly more
What to expect
By training to teach maths, you’ll be embarking on a career that offers more than just exceptional job satisfaction. You’ll also get to help young people conquer a skill integral to their long-term success.
On your teacher training course, you’ll learn the best ways to engage pupils and make maths enjoyable, ensuring they have the skills they’ll need for years to come. You’ll be teaching across a range of ages and abilities every day. Your training will enable you to switch seamlessly between introducing algebra, to teaching the intricacies of trigonometry to older students. Find out more on choosing the best teacher training route.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a maths degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training.
17 April 2018 16:30
This event in Doncaster will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
02 May 2018 16:30
This event in Derby will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
24 May 2018 16:00
This event in London will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
24 March 2018 10:00
Whether you’re just getting started on your application, or are close to submitting it, you will find lots of help and support at our application workshops.