Training to teach geography
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £26,000 or a £28,000 scholarship to support your training
- further funding for training with a tuition fee and maintenance loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
What to expect
Good geography teachers are sought-after by schools, so there’s no better time to inspire the next generation.
Your teacher training will set you up for long-term success on a career path where you get to use your knowledge to inspire young people’s interest in the world and its environment. You’ll develop the skills to devise and deliver enlightening lessons to teach pupils about our planet’s people, places, landscapes, processes and natural history. Find out more on choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a geography degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training – find out more.
Train to Teach Bournemouth
21 March 2019 - 16:30
This event in Bournemouth will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Bristol
26 March 2019 - 16:30
This event in Bristol will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Lincoln
27 March 2019 - 16:30
This event in Lincoln will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.