Training to teach English
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £15,000
- further funding for training with a Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who'll answer all of your questions and assist you with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
What to expect
English is a vital subject at the core of the curriculum, one that can be integral to young people’s long-term prospects and success. That’s why schools need the very best professionals and graduates to bring their skills in English to the classroom.
Your training will have a strong focus on helping your pupils to become effective written and verbal communicators. You’ll learn teaching methods and strategies to help them hone their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, standing them in good stead for the future. Find out more about choosing the best teacher training course.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a related degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training.
Train to Teach Slough
22 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Slough will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Bradford
24 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Bradford will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Liverpool
28 January 2019 - 16:00
This event in Liverpool will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.