Training to teach design and technology (D&T)
- you could get a tax-free bursary of £12,000
- further funding for training with a Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan and extra financial support
- when you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert, who'll answer all of your questions and assist you with your application
- great employment rates - 94% of newly qualified teachers are employed in a teaching role six months after qualifying
- once you qualify, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London; as your career progresses, so will your salary – in fact, teachers in leadership roles earn on average £58,100, with many earning significantly more
What to expect
As a D&T teacher, you’ll nurture pupils’ creativity and teach them the skills to not only come up with brilliant ideas, but to turn them into a reality. By doing so, you’ll be teaching a subject that complements their wider learning and brings it to life in practical terms – from maths and science to computing and art.
Your training will focus on how you can encourage pupils to be resourceful, innovative and enterprising as they solve real and relevant problems. Find out more about choosing the best teacher training courses.
Enhance your subject knowledge
If you don’t have a related degree, or need to refresh your knowledge, you could complete a fully funded subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course before you start your training.
Train to Teach Nottingham
15 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Nottingham will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Bath
19 January 2019 - 10:00
This event in Bath will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Slough
22 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Slough will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.