Training to teach primary as a maths specialist
As a trainee primary teacher specialising in maths, you’ll discover how to use your ability in the subject to make a real difference to young pupils’ lives.
- great quality maths specialists are in demand – with training bursaries of £6,000 available for eligible candidates
- once you register with us, you'll receive support from a teaching expert who will answer all your questions and assist with your application
- a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan to cover your training, this is irrespective of receiving these loans during your undergraduate degree
- extra financial support if you're a parent or have a disability, which doesn't need to be paid back
- once qualified you’ll be ensured job security, and benefit from a competitive starting salary of at least £23,720, or £29,664 in inner London
- teaching offers access to a wealth of other benefits – from a generous pension to enjoying the flexibility of school holidays, up to 13 weeks, which are unique to the profession
What you need to know
As a maths specialist it’ll be your responsibility to act as an authority on the subject within your school, influencing how high-quality maths teaching is delivered in all classes. This also includes training to deliver quality teaching across the diverse primary curriculum – from science to the arts, history, geography, and basic computing skills.
Through your teacher training, you’ll develop the skills to become an expert in teaching maths to children between the primary ages of 5 and 11. You’ll take a lead in inspiring them to overcome barriers, solve problems, and elevate their enthusiasm for the subject. Teaching maths as a specialist has never been more important:
- you’ll ensure every child gets the chance to leave primary school and begin secondary education with the best opportunity to succeed
- you'll increase essential maths skills needed for everyday life
Train to Teach Slough
22 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Slough will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Bradford
24 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Bradford will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Liverpool
28 January 2019 - 16:00
This event in Liverpool will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.