You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Researchers in Schools - including the Maths and Physics Chairs programme
Researchers in Schools (RIS), which includes the Maths and Physics Chairs programme is a tailored, salaried teacher training course for high-calibre candidates, who have completed or are finishing, their PhD.
This prestigious programme offers a combination of classroom teaching and research opportunities, as you work towards gaining qualified teacher status (QTS) allowing you to develop your skills to become a highly effective classroom teacher – helping all pupils excel, regardless of background.
What’s on offer for 2018/19 applicants:
- you could receive a generous tax-free bursary or scholarship alongside a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan and additional financial support if you’re a parent or have a disability, or
- earn a competitive salary with an additional salary uplift during the first two years for maths and physics participants – with no fees to be paid towards your teacher training
- a pre-programme induction course facilitated by education experts
- protected time, one day per week, to pursue the wider aims of the programme, including delivering Uni Pathways, a structured programme of university-style tutorials based on your PhD
- a minimum of 10 weeks’ paid holiday
- receive honorary research associate status from a leading university, allowing you the opportunity to maintain an independent research profile
- a full teacher’s pension and excellent opportunities for progression
The programme is open to applicants who have completed, or are finishing a PhD in the following subjects: physics, mathematics, chemistry, engineering, computing, geography, English and modern foreign languages (French, German or Spanish).
To find out more, please visit Researchers in Schools.
Train to Teach Nottingham
15 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Nottingham will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Bath
19 January 2019 - 10:00
This event in Bath will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Slough
22 January 2019 - 16:30
This event in Slough will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.