You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Researchers in Schools - including the Maths and Physics Chairs programme
Researchers in Schools (RIS), which includes the Maths and Physics Chairs programme is a tailored, teacher training and professional development course for high-calibre candidates, who have completed, or are finishing, a doctorate.
This prestigious programme offers a combination of classroom teaching and research opportunities, as you work towards gaining qualified teacher status (QTS) allowing you to develop your skills to become a highly effective classroom teacher – helping all pupils excel, regardless of background.
What’s on offer for 2018/19 applicants:
- a generous tax-free bursary or scholarship alongside a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan and additional financial support if you’re a parent or have a disability, or
- a competitive salary with an additional salary uplift during the first two years for maths and physics participants – with no fees to be paid towards your teacher training
- protected time, one day per week, to pursue the Research Leader in Education Award (RLE); the RLE is a funded, three-year programme of professional development designed by experts to optimise the skills that you have gained from your PhD to maximise the impact you have on the pupils that you teach
- honorary research associate status from a leading university, allowing you the opportunity to maintain an independent research profile
- a pre-programme induction course facilitated by education experts
- a minimum of 10 weeks’ paid holiday
- a full teacher’s pension, once qualified, and excellent opportunities for progression
The programme is open to applicants who have completed, or are finishing a PhD in the following subject areas: physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology engineering, computing, geography, English, history and modern foreign languages (French, German or Spanish).
To find out more, please visit Researchers in Schools.
Train to Teach Birmingham
25 February 2019 - 15:00
This event in Birmingham will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Southampton
26 February 2019 - 16:30
This event in Southampton will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
Train to Teach Milton Keynes
27 February 2019 - 16:30
This event in Milton Keynes will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.