Return to teaching - support for languages, maths or physics returnees
If you're considering returning to teach modern foreign languages, maths or physics, there’s plenty of support available to help you come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day.
Support for secondary modern foreign languages, maths or physics returning teachers, includes:
- one-to-one support from an adviser
- help with arranging school experience
- reviewing your subject and pedagogical knowledge
- accessing a subject specialist training course to refresh your knowledge
- information on vacancies in your local area, help with your application and interview tips
Thousands of former teachers return to the profession each year, so whether you left to start a family or explore a different career, there’s plenty of support available to help you come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day.
By registering with us, you are indicating that you wish to receive support in returning to teach modern foreign languages, maths or physics at secondary level. Once you've registered, you'll be contacted by one of our advisers to discuss your next steps.
To find out more about returning to teach, you can:
- complete our registration form so we can keep you informed with useful information
- visit our resources page for returning teachers, offering information on everything from the new Teachers’ Standards to behavior management
- view available teaching vacancies on offer via the Department for Education’s new teacher vacancy service; this service is in development and lists some teaching jobs in England - further teaching vacancies will continue to be added, so check back regularly for new listings
- read Jill’s story on how it was possible to return to the classroom
Once you’ve registered, if you have any outstanding questions on returning to teach, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 085 0971 for help and advice