Return to teaching - support for languages, maths or physics returnees
If you're considering returning to teach modern foreign languages, maths or physics, there’s plenty of support available to help you come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day.
Support for secondary modern foreign languages, maths or physics returning teachers, includes:
- one-to-one support from a Return to Teaching Adviser
- help with arranging school experience
- update your subject and pedagogical knowledge by accessing a Teaching Subject Specialist Training course
- help with applications, personal statements and preparing for teaching interviews
- information on vacancies in your local area
Thousands of former teachers return to the profession each year, so whether you left to start a family or explore a different career, there’s plenty of support available to help you come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day.
By registering with us, you are indicating that you wish to receive support in returning to teach modern foreign languages, maths or physics at secondary level. Once you've registered, you'll be contacted by one of our Return to Teaching Advisers to discuss your next steps.
To find out more about returning to teach any other subjects, you can:
- complete our registration form so we can keep you informed with useful information
- visit our resources page for returning teachers, offering information on everything from the new Teachers’ Standards to behaviour management
- view available teaching vacancies on offer via the Department for Education’s new teacher vacancy service; this service lists some teaching jobs in England
- read stories from former teachers who have returned to the profession