Return to teaching
If you’re considering returning to teaching, or you’re qualified to teach but have never taught in a school, the transition may be easier than you expect. Register with us to find out what support may be available to you.
If you’re a trained teacher from Northern Ireland, you can receive dedicated support to relocate and return to teaching in England – find out more.
Support for secondary modern foreign languages, maths or physics returning teachers, includes:
- one-to-one support from an adviser
- help with arranging school experience
- reviewing your subject and pedagogical knowledge
- accessing a subject specialist training course to refresh your knowledge
- information on vacancies in your local area, help with your application and interview tips
Thousands of former teachers return to the profession each year, so whether you left to start a family or explore a different career, there’s plenty of support available to help you come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day.
By registering with us, you are indicating that you wish to receive support in returning to teach modern foreign languages, maths or physics at secondary level. Once you've registered, you'll be contacted by one of our advisers to discuss your next steps.
To find out more about returning to teach, you can:
- complete our registration form so we can keep you informed with useful information
- visit our resources page for returning teachers, offering information on everything from the new Teachers’ Standards to behavior management
Once you’ve registered, if you have any outstanding questions on returning to teach, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 085 0971 for help and advice
Thousands of former teachers return to the profession every year
Registration is easy and only takes a couple of minutes