Return to teaching
If you’re considering returning to teaching, or you’re qualified to teach but have never taught in a state school, the transition may be easier than you expect. Whether you left to bring up a family or explore a different career, there’s lots of support available to help you come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day. Register with us to find out what support may be available to you.
Programme for maths and physics returners
If you wish to return to teaching maths or physics, you could benefit from a package of support which could include:
- one-to-one support from a dedicated adviser, including help in assessing your readiness in returning to teach, and access to helpful resources to build your confidence
- access to a teacher subject specialist training course
- information on vacancies in your local area, help with your application and interview tips
By registering with us, you are indicating that you wish to receive support in returning to teach maths or physics. Once you have registered, you will be contacted by one of our advisers to discuss your next steps.
Thousands of former teachers return to the profession every year
To find out more about returning to teach, you can:
- complete our registration form so we can keep you informed with useful information
- visit our resources page for returning teachers, offering information on everything from the new Teachers’ Standards to behaviour management
Once you’ve registered, if you have any oustanding questions on returning to teach, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 085 0971 for help and advice.
On average, a teacher earns £37,800 a year
30 August 2016 12:00
Meet with a Teach First recruiter to learn more about the Leadership Development Programme.
01 September 2016 16:30
Meet with our SCITT team and find out more about our PGCE with QTS and assessment only programmes.
01 September 2016 18:30
Evening presentation and workshops about how to make the best application to Teach First.
07 September 2016 17:00
At Middlesex University, we give our graduates the confidence and skills to launch into their vocation and make a real difference to children’s lives.