Return to teaching
If you’re considering returning to teaching, or you’re qualified to teach but have never taught in a school, the transition may be easier than you expect. Whether you left to bring up a family or explore a different career, there’s lots of support available to help you come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day. Register with us to find out what support may be available to you.
Package of support for languages, maths or physics returners
If you wish to return to teaching languages, maths or physics, you could benefit from:
- one-to-one support from a dedicated adviser, including help in assessing your readiness in returning to teach, and access to helpful resources to build your confidence
- access to a subject specialist training course
- information on vacancies in your local area, help with your application and interview tips
You could also receive tax-free financial support and be linked to a school for extra training to facilitate your return to teaching. Depending on your circumstances, you could benefit from:
- a bursary of up to £600
- mentoring from an expert
- tailored classroom experience
- training in curriculum changes and pedagogy
By registering with us, you are indicating that you wish to receive support in returning to teach languages, maths or physics. Once you have registered, you will be contacted by one of our advisers to discuss your next steps.
Thousands of former teachers return to the profession every year
To find out more about returning to teach, you can:
- complete our registration form so we can keep you informed with useful information
- browse for return to teaching events near you
- visit our resources page for returning teachers, offering information on everything from the new Teachers’ Standards to behaviour management
Once you’ve registered, if you have any outstanding questions on returning to teach, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 085 0971 for help and advice.
On average, a teacher earns £37,800 a year