Return to teaching
If you’re considering returning to teaching, or you’re qualified to teach but never taught in a state school, the transition may be easier than you expect. Whether you left to bring up a family or explore a different career, there’s lots of support available to help you become one of the thousands of teachers each year who come back to a profession where you can make a real difference every day. Register with us to find out what support may be available to you.
Programme for maths and physics returners
If you wish to return to teaching maths or physics, you could benefit from a package of support which could include:
- one-to-one support from a dedicated adviser, including help in assessing your readiness in returning to teach, and access to helpful resources to build your confidence
- access to a teacher subject specialist training course
- information on vacancies in your local area, help with your application and interview tips
By registering with us, you are indicating that you wish to receive support in returning to teach maths or physics. Once you have registered, you will shortly be contacted by one of our advisers to discuss your next steps.
Thousands of former teachers return to the profession every year
To find out more about returning to teach, you can:
- complete our registration form so we can keep you informed with useful information
- visit our resources page for returning teachers, offering information on everything from the new Teachers’ Standards to behaviour management
Once you’ve registered, if you have any questions on returning to teach, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 085 0971 for help and advice.
On average, a teacher earns £37,800 a year
03 August 2016 18:30
Don’t worry – there’s still time to apply to start your teacher training course this September! This online session will provide you with lots of helpful hints and tips on how to make a successful application this August.
10 August 2016 18:00
For an informative evening come to the University of Warwick’s Centre for Professional Education. You will learn about our initial teacher training (ITE) in the early years, primary and secondary sectors to help you decide how to embark on this fun, rewarding and challenging career.
10 August 2016 18:00
For an informative evening come to the University of Warwick’s Centre for Professional Education.
16 August 2016 16:00
Meet with a Teach First recruiter to learn more about the Leadership Development Programme.