You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Are you ready to apply?
Start your journey to train to teach in September 2016. Applications are made through UCAS Teacher Training – applying is easier than you think, you just need to follow three straightforward phases.
Phase one: prepare
During this phase, you’ll need to think about…
- exploring your training options, and whether you’re interested in school-led or university-led training
- arranging school experience – most schools and universities expect you to have some experience in a school before you start your teacher training, so organise a placement as soon as you can
- looking into the tax-free bursaries and scholarships that are available
- attending teacher training events, such as our popular Train to Teach Roadshows, where you can get personalised advice from a range of teaching experts
Get access to a wide range of free support and advice to help you get into teaching
Phase two: application
Once you’re ready to apply, do so via UCAS Teacher Training. In the application phase, you’ll need to:
- write a personal statement for your application – our written application tips can help with this
- arrange references and submit your application once you’ve chosen a teacher training course – find out more about applying through UCAS
- pass the mandatory professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy – there are practice materials available to help you do this
Phase three: post-application
Depending on whether you’ve been successful in your application, in the post-application phase you should:
- prepare for your interview so you can demonstrate your potential as a teacher
- make sure that you're familiar with the funding available
- resubmit your application during the Apply 2 phase if you’ve been unsuccessful or chosen not to accept an offer
Work with the best people: 75% of trainee teachers have a 2:1 or first
03 August 2016 18:30
Don’t worry – there’s still time to apply to start your teacher training course this September! This online session will provide you with lots of helpful hints and tips on how to make a successful application this August.
10 August 2016 18:00
For an informative evening come to the University of Warwick’s Centre for Professional Education.
10 August 2016 18:00
For an informative evening come to the University of Warwick’s Centre for Professional Education. You will learn about our initial teacher training (ITE) in the early years, primary and secondary sectors to help you decide how to embark on this fun, rewarding and challenging career.
16 August 2016 16:00
Meet with a Teach First recruiter to learn more about the Leadership Development Programme.