You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Are you ready to apply?
Start your journey to train to teach in September 2016. Applications are made through UCAS Teacher Training – applying is easier than you think, you just need to follow three straightforward phases.
Phase one: prepare
During this phase, you’ll need to think about…
- exploring your training options, and whether you’re interested in school-led or university-led training
- arranging school experience – most schools and universities expect you to have some experience in a school before you start your teacher training, so organise a placement as soon as you can
- looking into the tax-free bursaries and scholarships that are available
- attending teacher training events, such as our popular Train to Teach Roadshows, where you can get personalised advice from a range of teaching experts
Get access to a wide range of free support and advice to help you get into teaching
Phase two: application
Once you’re ready to apply, do so via UCAS Teacher Training. In the application phase, you’ll need to:
- write a personal statement for your application – our written application tips can help with this
- arrange references and submit your application once you’ve chosen a teacher training course – find out more about reference requirements and submitting your application
- pass the mandatory professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy – there are practice materials available to help you do this
Phase three: post-application
Depending on whether you’ve been successful in your application, in the post-application phase you should:
- prepare for your interview so you can demonstrate your potential as a teacher
- finalise your funding once you’ve accepted a place – your training provider should inform you of the support that’s available
- resubmit your application during the Apply 2 phase if you’ve been unsuccessful or chosen not to accept an offer
Work with the best people: 75% of trainee teachers have a 2:1 or first
25 May 2016 18:00
For an informative evening come to the University of Warwick’s Centre for Professional Education. You will learn about our initial teacher training (ITE) in the early years, primary and secondary sectors to help you decide how to embark on this fun, rewarding and challenging career.
26 May 2016 08:45
Spend the day in a primary school, observe lessons and talk to trainees to prepare for your teacher training. Places are limited and only available by pre-booking.
26 May 2016 16:00
Information event for postgraduate entry to the teaching profession via the University of Leicester.
26 May 2016 16:30
Information about routes into primary teaching offered by SCITTELS