Are you ready to apply?
Start your journey to train to teach in September 2016. Applications are made through UCAS Teacher Training – applying is easier than you think, you just need to follow three straightforward phases.
Phase one: prepare
During this phase, you’ll need to think about…
- exploring your training options, and whether you’re interested in school-led or university-led training
- arranging school experience – most schools and universities expect you to have some experience in a school before you start your teacher training, so organise a placement as soon as you can
- looking into the tax-free bursaries and scholarships that are available
- attending teacher training events, such as our popular Train to Teach Roadshows, where you can get personalised advice from a range of teaching experts
Get access to a wide range of free support and advice to help you get into teaching
Phase two: application
Once you’re ready to apply, do so via UCAS Teacher Training. In the application phase, you’ll need to:
- write a personal statement for your application – our written application tips can help with this
- arrange references and submit your application once you’ve chosen a teacher training course – find out more about applying through UCAS
- pass the mandatory professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy – there are practice materials available to help you do this
Phase three: post-application
Depending on whether you’ve been successful in your application, in the post-application phase you should:
- prepare for your interview so you can demonstrate your potential as a teacher
- make sure that you're familiar with the funding available
- resubmit your application during the Apply 2 phase if you’ve been unsuccessful or chosen not to accept an offer
Work with the best people: 75% of trainee teachers have a 2:1 or first
15 October 2016 10:00
This event in Leeds will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
18 October 2016 16:30
This event in Norwich will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
01 November 2016 16:30
This event in Southampton will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
03 November 2016 16:30
This event in Liverpool will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.