You can talk to a Get Into Teaching Line adviser online between 8am and 8pm.Start live chat
Are you ready to apply?
Start your journey to train to teach in September 2016. Applications are made through UCAS Teacher Training – applying is easier than you think, you just need to follow three straightforward phases.
Phase one: prepare
During this phase, you’ll need to think about…
- exploring your training options, and whether you’re interested in school-led or university-led training
- arranging school experience – most schools and universities expect you to have some experience in a school before you start your teacher training, so organise a placement as soon as you can
- looking into the tax-free bursaries and scholarships that are available
- attending teacher training events, such as our popular Train to Teach Roadshows, where you can get personalised advice from a range of teaching experts
Get access to a wide range of free support and advice to help you get into teaching
Phase two: application
Once you’re ready to apply, do so via UCAS Teacher Training. In the application phase, you’ll need to:
- write a personal statement for your application – our written application tips can help with this
- arrange references and submit your application once you’ve chosen a teacher training course – find out more about applying through UCAS
- pass the mandatory professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy – there are practice materials available to help you do this
Phase three: post-application
Depending on whether you’ve been successful in your application, in the post-application phase you should:
- prepare for your interview so you can demonstrate your potential as a teacher
- make sure that you're familiar with the funding available
- resubmit your application during the Apply 2 phase if you’ve been unsuccessful or chosen not to accept an offer
Work with the best people: almost three quarters of trainee teachers have a 2:1 or first
21 January 2017 10:00
This event in Belfast will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach
24 January 2017 16:30
This event in Ipswich will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
28 January 2017 10:00
This event in York will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.
02 February 2017 16:30
This event in Nottingham will give you the chance to ask experts about your teacher training options and what it’s like to teach.